The 3 A Rule – needed after the landmark judgement of SC on 377:
- (Fighting) Angst
- WHAT the judgement is?
- WHY the judgement was needed in the first place?
- WHO does the judgement protect? WHY so they need to be protected?
- WHAT does LGBTQ mean?
- WHY was 377 introduced 157 yrs ago by the British? WHAT was there need?
- WHAT does Ancient India have to say about LGBTQ?
- WHAT do various religions practised in India say today? And what was their historical stand?
- Accepting the LGBTQ community as Humans
- Accepting the LGBTQ as Indians
- Fighting ourselves and our own 157 year old belief systems
- Believing that what the British did historically wasn’t humane
- Fighting society for all LGBTQ people and taking a stand
- And having the ability to admit that probably if we cannot embrace “them” – then we shall “stand aside” and not hound “them”
The SC has upheld their rights to be treated like Indians and Humans.
But the true fight of acceptance begins only now…