Hola world – introducing ME… and “This GURL loves her Cricket…” !!!
Like any true-blue DESI – I can laugh cricket, I can talk cricket, I can live cricket…. (because cricket isn’t a funny game at all)
Ref – the dialogue pick from Namakhalal (for the generation who saw it 😉 )
And my 10 top sighs CRICKET moments (which ranged from elation to dispair):
- Top of the line – Tendulkar retiring! The world STOPPED on its axis! How could the Gods be so cruel! How could HE leave? No – no…. Wait – BUT he is GOD…. right?
- When Dhoni won the world cup for us…! The GODs have finally smiled! Dhoni can be God now (after Dhoni na…)! Dance … pataka fodo … sweets … WE ARE THE WORLD!!!
- When Miadad jumped up and down like a baboon ;))) – copying More in ’92…. We still laugh about that one!
- Kumble ka Purrfectt 10!!!! That too against Pak… waah bhai waah….
- The Year when Pak won the World Cup – we remember it – coz India beat Pak 😉 rofl….!!
- When Javagal Srinath hit a 6 against the Aussies in the penultimate over…. we remember a fast bowler for the bestes 6 ever!
- Almost dying when GOD fell for a duck – (Tendulkar got 20 ducks in one-dayers)
- Hearing from my mom “how cool Kapil Dev was” – waah waah…. And not knowing WHY – when we had a Dhoni get the World Cup 😀 – and we wanted more!
- Knowing that the Men in Blue are Amazing – yet they can and have pulled out defeat from the jaws of victory 🙁 – (it was like, you knew India was winning so you went to do something important – and came back to a loss)!!!
- When Virat Kohli did the “Mein Saroj ka Beta Ad“…. sigh!
I continue to LOoooovvveee my Cricket…
Yes – I was away for a few yrs (after all GOD had retired) – but am Back!